- The TRANSCAER® awards program is designed to:
- Recognize the achievements of individuals, companies, and organizations that have gone beyond the normal "call of duty" to advocate, demonstrate, or implement the principles of TRANSCAER®;
- Enhance public recognition of TRANSCAER®; and
- Increase participation in the initiative.
- Available Awards
- There are three categories of TRANSCAER® awards available, including:
- Distinguished Service Award
- National Service Award
- Regional Service Award
C. Awards Criteria and Administration
1. Distinguished Service Award
- Long-term and sustained dedication to the TRANSCAER® program; these efforts could result in exceptional growth of the program, recognition, or enhancement of the program.
- Exceptional performance of normal TRANSCAER® activities alone is not considered justification for this award.
- May be awarded to an individual, team, or company.
- There is no set limitation on the number of awards which may be given out each year and there is no guarantee that it will be awarded every year.
Nomination and Selection Process:
- Throughout the year, TRANSCAER® stakeholders are invited to nominate an individual, team, or company for the Distinguished Service Award. Self-nominations are not accepted for this award and employees cannot solely nominate their own company. However, an employee may be part of a group of two or more individuals preparing a submission for this award.
- The National TRANSCAER® Committee Chair, Co-Chair, and Coordinator must agree unanimously to propose the Distinguished Service Award be awarded to one or more individuals, teams, or companies.
- No individual in consideration for an award may serve during discussion of that award during the selection process. No company representative may serve during any session in which his or her company is being considered for an award, nor may any representative of an association under consideration serve during that session.
- A written document is prepared by the Chair, Co-Chair and Coordinator, explaining their nomination(s).
- The document is circulated to the National TRANSCAER® Committee.
- Unless 25% of committee members write a dissenting opinion to the National TRANSCAER® Committee Coordinator within 14 days, the award will be bestowed upon the nominee(s).